Friday, October 15, 2010

A Quick Trip Home

I've just had a short trip back home to visit my family and was slightly surprised to notice the difference in weather. Kitchener is a bit south and further inland from home making it a few degrees warmer. Even though I knew this was the case I didn't really notice the difference until I went home and saw how much of the leaves have fallen from the trees. Here we are still covered in brilliant yellows, oranges and reds. Back home things are starting to look bare. Does this mean I won't be as cold this winter?

But of course the leaves were not the reason for the trip. It was good to see everyone again and I have to say that it is nice not being on the other side of the world this time. As much as I love traveling it is nice to be able to visit home when you want to.

No comments: